Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #26

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #26

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

I’ll get right to it as we have a pretty busy week ahead of us…

Tomorrow evening (Monday) is our Instruction Night. Dinner will be served at 6p PRIOR to the Meeting which begins at 7p. It’s important that our Officers and those seeking advancement attend so we can sharpen our skills for Wednesday.

Wednesday is our Stated Meeting and we will be hosting our DDGM and the Officers of District C so we should have sidelines really filled. We DO NOT have a lengthy agenda for this meeting so we shouldn’t be getting out late at all, but it will be a night of amazing fellowship with our District Officers in attendance. Dinner will begin at 6p downstairs. If you haven’t reserved your spot with Joe Fletcher, please do so TODAY as we need to ensure an accurate number attending.

This Saturday morning is our Extra Meeting at Fort Mifflin.. light breakfast at 8am and we get started at 9am. We will be conferring a MM and an EA Degree and should be finished by noon.

I haven’t heard from anyone about the Grand Master’s Installation and Gala on December 27th. Again, we are purchasing a table so if you would like to attend, it’s free. Please let me know.

Also, don’t forget about the Holiday Party in December. Tickets are starting to go for this event, so please contact me if you wish to attend. This is also open to your families.

Garibaldi Lodge in NYC is once again exemplifying their world renowned EA Degree on Friday, November 1st at the Grand Lodge of NY Temple in Manhattan. Last year we arranged for a group to go and we had a great time.If you are interested, again just let me know by this Wednesday’s meeting.

Finally, I just want to make a comment about dues notices. I have received several messages this week in which it appears that members are expressing concern that they are receiving multiple dues notices by email and they are worried about negative ramifications if they don’t pay right away. I made the decision this year to give members 4 months notice that 2020 dues were due by December 27th. I also decided to send out dues notices the first of every month because I know not everyone reads their emails on a daily basis so a dues notice might be missed. The bottom line is.. you have until December 27th to pay your dues, but the portal is open if you can and want to pay your dues early and get it over with. When you pay your 2020 dues, the dues emails will stop. This past year, on January 1st, we had over 100 members who still hadn’t paid dues. This is unacceptable, and frankly a violation of your Masonic Oath.. so no worries right now.. pay when you can, but know there is a deadline.

That’s it for this week.. look forward to seeing you at one or all of this week’s events!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights