Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #24

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #24

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve provided an update.. the past 2 weeks I have spent time overseas in Ireland and the UK traveling with the Fletcher family for some much needed time off, as well as attending the International Gathering of Lodges named for St. Alban in Newcastle, England. I am proud to say the 529 crew from Philly had the largest turn out of Brethren and guests of any Lodge traveling to the gathering and more Masons in attendance than the host Lodge. I’ve included a couple of pictures of the event which was well planned and executed and the Brethren who attended reported having an amazing time. One of the highlights of the trip was touring the renowned St. Albans Cathedral in St. Albans, England.. outside of London. The pictures I posted do not even begin to do the Cathedral justice. We also were part of the contingent to make a presentation of $2500 on behalf of the International Group to the Bishop of St. Albans to aid in the preservation of the burial crypt of St. Alban who was martyred approximately 1700 years ago. Overall, it was just a great event. We believe the St. Alban Lodge in St. Albans, England has agreed to host the 2023 Gathering for future reference. We will be hosting the Gathering in 2024 in conjunction with our 150th Lodge Anniversary.

I appreciate those Brethren who submitted dues payments already and also those Brethren who made extra donations to Masonic Charities. Your 2nd dues notice (for only those who have yet to pay) will go out by email the first week of October. You have until December 31st to pay dues, but please don’t wait until the last minute.Just a reminder, we are NOT using Pay Pal for dues payment this coming year. If you want to pay online by debit/ credit card, you must use the link on your invoice and pay directly on the Grand Lodge website.

October dates of importance are Instruction Meeting on the 7th, Stated Meeting and District Visitation on the 9th and our Extra Meeting (at Fort Mifflin) will be Saturday, October 12th starting at 8am. We will be hosting our DDGM and the Officers of District C at our Stated Meeting!

Just a reminder that if you are interested in attending the Grand Masters Installation and Banquet on December 27th, please advise soon. We will be purchasing a table of 10 for the event. Also, you received a notice for the Holiday Show in your last Notice. I will need confirmation for that as well.

We will be conducting a Blood Drive on October 18th from 2-7pm at the South Media Firehouse. Flyer is attached.

That’s all for now. Look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary

St. Alban Lodge No. 529

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights