Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #22

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #22

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Well… did you miss me???

Brethren, I’m back with your weekly edition of “Sunday With The Secretary” which contains all the nitty gritty week to week that we just can’t fit in a Lodge Notice!

First off.. I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Summer. Mine had its ups and downs.. some of the downs related to falling trees at work, lost power, blah, blah.. but hey, I got to speak with Steve Keeley at Fox News and got my mug on TV!

Last evening, I emailed out your September Lodge Notice which included the Cover Pages as Brethren have been asking for them as well as a flyer for our upcoming Holiday Party on December 15th at the Candlelight Theater. Let me know if you would like tickets.

This past week we had our Planning Committee meeting to prepare for 2020. Our presumptive Officer line is coming together and the program looks great with activities for both you and your loved ones to enjoy.

We have a had a busy Summer doing Degree work. I’m pleased to welcome Brs. Lamont Hudson and James Tucker who completed their initial journey and received the Sublime Degree of a Master Mason. We also welcomed Brs. William Greene and Danny Kelly who have reached the Fellowcraft Degree and will complete their journey over the next few months. In addition to these 4 candidates, we have another waiting in the wings to begin his journey as well as more petitions expected in September. Keep us growing!!

I’m pleased to announce that there will be 21 Brethren and guests representing St. Alban Lodge No. 529 at the International Gathering of Lodges named St. Alban being held in Newcastle, England September 13-15. A few of us will be going over early so we will miss the September Stated Meeting, but given the large number traveling, we have decided to not have an Extra Meeting in September. 529 will be sending the largest contingent from anywhere in the World to this event!

We get no rest in October as we will be hosting our DDGM, Samuel Freeman and the Officers of Masonic District “C” at our Stated Meeting on October 9th. I hope you will all plan to attend to support this event and show our District what an awesome Lodge we are and enjoy much Masonic fellowship.

Our Extra Meeting in October will be held on Saturday, October 12th, at Ft. Mifflin. This is an annual event for the Lodge which will begin with a continental breakfast at 8am and Degrees afterward. We expect to be done by Noon and will enjoy lunch together before we depart.

I wanted to let you know that it is our intent to purchase a table of 10 for the Annual Grand Communication Banquet on Friday, December 27th in Philadelphia. The day starts with the Open Installation of our new RWGM at 10am at the Marriott Philadelphia Downtown followed by a special meeting of Perkiomen Lodge No. 595 at the Masonic Temple at 1:30pm. There will be a cash bar reception at 3pm followed by the banquet and entertainment at 4:30pm, both of these events will be back at the Marriott. The anticipated incoming Grand Master is Br. Thomas Gamon, IV and he is from the Eastern part of PA. If you haven’t witnessed the Installation of a RWGM, then here’s a chance right in your back yard. Please let me know via email if you are interested in one of the 10 spots. Please refer to your Freemason for more details.

I think that’s enough for now. My brain is exploding just writing all of this. Welcome back, Brethren! Look forward to seeing you all soon and also really looking forward to seeing our intrepid travelers on the other side of the pond in just a few weeks!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary

St. Alban Lodge No. 529

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights