Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #2

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #2

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren:

Hope this weeks’ message finds you in great spirits this Sunday morning. We’ve had our first snowfall of the new year (I didn’t get one call from work so couldn’t have been all that bad) and our beloved Eagles are hoping to stay alive against those menacing Saints later today… sorry Dallas fans!

I am really excited to review some upcoming highlights of the 2019 year. We have things planned for our stated meetings right up until the Fall.. let me review some of what’s coming..

February- WM has something up his sleeve for a program so I’m going to leave that be..so you’ll just have to come out yourself and see what it is.
      March- Our 145th Anniversary Meeting.. we will be visited by our new D.D.G.M. and we will be presenting several Brethren with citations commemorating significant anniversaries (25, 50, 60, 70.. and yes we have a 75 yr. recipient). Should be a great evening to greet our birthday Brethren and to meet and greet with Br. Samuel Freeman, D.D.G.M.
      April- We will be visited by Ill. Br. Thomas R. Labagh, 33*, Active Member of Scottish Rite for PA and Past Executive Officer for PA DeMolay who is going to give a presentation simply titled “A Hedge Hog, A Chunk of I.C.E., A Missing Tooth, A Calliope, A Babysitter and a Rubber Chicken”. I have no clue so can’t wait to hear what this is all about.. lol.
      May- Br. Len Bezar will give a presentation on Ill. Br. and Gen. Hap Arnold, 33*, Architect of the US Air Force.
      June- Our annual Strawberry Festival and Scholarship presentation. We are cooking up a special surprise for our guests that evening and we will be dining in the Grand Banquet Hall.
      September- Br. Craig Brody will be presenting a program entitled “Life of Br. Benjamin Franklin: applying the teachings of Freemasonry”.
      October- Because of the International gathering in Europe, we will most likely be moving our Ft. Mifflin Extra Meeting to October.. more info to come.

In addition to all this, we have two trip offerings for you this year.. in the Spring we will be chartering a trip to Washington, D.C. and Mt. Vernon.. more info is forthcoming and this September, the International Gathering of Lodges named St. Alban will be held September 13-15 in Northumberland, England.

We will also be planning some random social nights for the Brethren so we get to socialize and have a little fun time.

As you can see, we have some pretty cool stuff in the works for this year. Please come out and support your Lodge, have some fun and learn a few cool things in the process.

Just a quick reminder that tomorrow evening, January 14th, is our Extra Meeting. We will be conferring one Master Mason Degree on Lee Zeplowitz. Hope to see as many of you out as possible. Dinner is served at 6p.

Have a great day and Go Eagles!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights