Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #17

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #17

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good afternoon Brethren and Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful Mothers in your life!

It was good to see a better attendance at this past Wednesday’s meeting. Those who were there were treated to an absolutely delicious meal and a very good meeting and program. Our focus now needs to turn to our June 12th Stated Meeting, our last Stated Meeting before the Summer and what a night we have planned not just for you, but your significant other and guests are also welcome to attend

First, we will be dining in our wonderful Grand Banquet Room with an excellent meal in the offering. After the dinner, the members will retire to Renaissance Hall for a BRIEF business meeting while guests move to Oriental Hall where we have a special musical guest entertaining. We will close out the evening with the presentation of our annual Scholarship Awards to our very deserving recipients. If you know you will be in attendance, please contact Joe Fletcher now to secure your spot. The Grand Lodge requires we have a minimum of 50 persons to use the Grand Banquet Hall, which has never been an issue in years’ past, but please get your reservation in asap so we can get an accurate count to the caterer.

Speaking of scholarship applications, so far more applications have been submitted than in the previous 2 years that I’ve chaired the committee. I am very impressed with the academic excellence I’m seeing and the well crafted essays along with amazing letters of recommendation. Definitely going to be a hard decision to make. I have been informed by the Trustees that with the positive performance of our investment portfolio, we will be able to present upwards of 13 scholarships this year! The deadline of May 15th is fast approaching and no applications will be honored past the due date.

Just a heads up that given the fact we have 5 candidates to initiate in the coming months, we have decided to hold Extra Meetings with dinner over the Summer, specifically July 15th and August 19th. Again, these are strictly Extra Meetings for conferring Degrees.. no business will be conducted.

That’s all for now, Brethren. Have a great week!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights