Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #11

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #11

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Morning Brethren:

First, I need to make a correction from the Lodge Notice (paper notices have been mailed and should be received in the next day or 2). In the Notice I inadvertently stated that dinner for the Instruction Meeting on 4/8 would be after the meeting. It will actually be prior to the meeting at 5:45p at the 1926 Restaurant at the Courtyard Marriott on Broad and Juniper Sts. near the Masonic Temple. The restaurant is under renovation so they have temporarily relocated the operation to the Mezzanine Level of the Hotel.

Tomorrow is April 1st so it’s time you make your reservations for dinner at our Stated Meeting on 4/10. Dinner begins promptly at 6p so please contact Br. Joe Fletcher ASAP so we have an accurate count. Last month we were getting reservations right up until the day of the meeting which makes it hard to plan. Thank you!

We really need to get your reservations for the April 14th Palm Sunday Service at the Masonic Village at Lafayette Hill. We have been reserved their private dining room so please let us know if you will be attending. Brunch starts at 1pm and the Service usually starts at 2:30p.

Seats are still available for the 4/27 bus rip to Alexandria and Mt. Vernon in VA. The Lodge has heavily subsidized this trip so 65/pp for the trip and 2 meals is a very good price. We have begun to market this trip to other Lodges to insure we have a full bus, so if you want to go and haven’t signed up, NOW IS THE TIME!!

I am in receipt of several Scholarship Applications and I just want to remind everyone that the deadline is May 15th which gives the committee time to review/approve and to get the checks together for the recipients. Scholarships will be presented at our Stated Meeting on June 12th. Dinner will be held in the Grand Banquet Room. Your significant others are invited to be a part of dinner and entertainment afterwards in the Ben Franklin Room.

This Thursday we will have the honor of traveling to Br. Bill Doty’s home to present him with his 50 yr Masonic Service Pin and Wallet Card. Our hope is to be able to present all those who had significant birthdays this year with their pins in person. Those who live out of State, we are making arrangements with those respective Grand Lodges to make the presentations.

That’s all for now. Have a great week, Brethren!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights