Tagged: Sunday with the Secretary
January 24, 2018 at 9:40 PM #364Daniel GiacomelliKeymaster
I trust you all had a wonderful holiday season and Happy New Year. With the New Year brings a new Grand Master, S. Eugene Herritt and I’d like to briefly review some of his plans for the next 2 years..
1. We will now be doing basic background checks on all prospective candidates at the expense of the GL.
2. 2 meetings during the year will be conducted in the EA degree to allow EA’s and FC’s the opportunity to attend a meeting before they receive the MM degree.
3. There will be no One Day Class State-wide during this term, however Lodges can do them by dispensation if need be.
4. There is a renewed focus on Academy of Masonic Knowledge and the PA Lodge of Research.. more info to come.
5. The Lodge Almoner Fund is now voluntary.
6. There is a change in requirements for advancement. In addition to Business of the Lodge and the attendance at a Leadership Seminar, an officer must know the 1st & 2nd degree or just the 3rd to advance to the East.
7. The RWGM’s Charity is the Library and Museum for the purpose of electronic backup of all records.
8. Help for the Heroes will continue as a GL program, however Raising Reader fund will no longer be an official GL Charity.
9. There will now be State wide Ritual Competitions between the various schools throughout the Commonwealth.
There are others, but these are the major items.
Looks like we have a busy start to the new year. We will be working on 4 possibly 5 Petitions. Our first Extra Meeting is tomorrow night and we will have 1 EA Degree to confer. We will be balloting on possibly 4 Petitions in February.
Plan ahead! Our next Stated Meeting is on Valentine’s Day. Lodge attendance has been averaging 35 or so. I would love to get this number to 50. Please come out and support your Lodge.
We are now under 100 who have not paid dues and more are being paid daily. Keep it up. Would love to have 0 suspensions this year!
That’s all for now.. plan ahead for the International Gathering being held this October in Canada. The Lodge will be sponsoring a bus and we already have several commitments of Brethren attending. Let’s fill a bus load to support this event and have a fun time with our Northern neighbors!!
James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
St. Alban Lodge No. 529
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.