Sunday with the Secretary 2018 #7

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday with the Secretary 2018 #7

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren

I hope you all had a great week and I’m excited to share some things happening with YOUR Lodge.

Last Monday we were scheduled to have an Extra Meeting, but unfortunately our candidate was unable to attend. Instead of cancelling we enjoyed dinner together and had a great brain storming session.

Our WM has appointed Br. Sheikh to lead our Mentoring Committee and what we are referring to as our re-engagement project. We have put together a list of 52 names of Brethren we have not seen for the past 18 months and a committee is personally reaching out to them and we have already seen some success.

Our goal is to attract 50 Brethren to our March Stated Meeting to hear what I am sure will be an informative presentation on “THE TEACHINGS OF SUFI FREEMASONS” again, given by our own Br. Salman Sheikh. I think this goal is quite achievable. PLEASE HELP US GET THERE!! We have already begun putting together programs for upcoming meetings as well to keep this momentum moving forward.

There will be no more talk on dues as that task is now in the hands of our Retention Committee. One of the things we have heard from members is we only reach out when we want money, so this forum will be strictly to reach out and be an informative tool for you.

Please keep March 25th on your calendar (Palm Sunday) as this will be our annual Church Service at the Masonic Village in Lafayette Hill. We typically meet for lunch with the service thereafter at 2pm.

Quick update on Sales Force. I attended the Secretary Seminar yesterday in Elizabethtown and one of the things mentioned is that very soon any member who establishes a login will have the ability to update their own information to the Grand Lodge. If you haven’t already established a login and would like the link sent to your email, just shoot me a quick message and I’ll take care of that for you.

Two more dates to put on your calendar. March 4th will be a Masonic Visit to Friendship-Bray DeMolay in Jenkintown. This event starts at 2pm. Masons are being asked to attend in full regalia. Please advise if you would like to come out and support our Masonic youth. April 14th is the Sectional School of Instruction at Grand Lodge. More info about this will be in your March Lodge Notice which will be emailed/ mailed on Monday. Of course, let’s keep attending our several Schools of Instruction in our area to keep our proficiency strong.

One last thing.. Scholarship applications should be completed with all supporting documentation and submitted to me by the May Stated meeting. The scholarships will be awarded at our June meeting.. hopefully the lights stay on this year! :/..

I think that’s about it. So.. you have a challenge.. can we hit 50 at our March 14th Stated Meeting????? Lets support Br. Sal and make this happen!!

Have a great week Brethren..

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights