Sunday With The Secretary 2018 #21

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2018 #21

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Happy Labor Day Brethren and welcome to September!

Several of us will be traveling to visit our northern Brethren this coming weekend as we attend the International Gathering of Lodges named St. Alban in Mt. Forest, Ontario, Canada. Looks like we will definitely get a cool relief from the oppressive weather we have been suffering through and I’m sure it will be a good time seeing all of our fellow St. Alban members from around the world. Certainly look for pics on our FB page. Speaking of FB, if you belong and are not on our official St. Alban 529 page, please join the group!

By now everyone reading this should have received a Lodge notice in one fashion or another. You will see we have a relatively full month ahead of us. There will be no rest for the Canadian travelers since the night after we arrive home, 9/10, we have rehearsal meeting at the Temple. Our Stated Meeting is Wednesday the 12th and rumor has it we will be receiving a visit from Br. Samual Freeman, P.M., our newly appointed D.D.G.M. (he assumes the office officially on 12/27) as he would like to get to know the Brethren. Please come out and welcome him. Please don’t forget to make your dinner reservations with Br. Fletcher.

The following Saturday, 9/15, is our annual Special Extra Meeting at Ft. Mifflin. We will be conferring 3 EA Degrees that day. The event starts at 8:15am with continental breakfast with the Meeting opening at 9am as we need to be out by noon. We follow up with a quick lunch afterwards. Please come out and welcome our new Brethren!

We have a 2nd Extra Meeting scheduled for Monday the 24th. There are 2 MM Degrees scheduled that evening for Alex Schwartz and Sean Edwards. Dinner will be at 6 with the Meeting afterwards.

As you know I don’t use this forum to beg members to pay their dues. This is a way by which I can communicate all the things happening in our Lodge on a consistent basis. I do need to let the Brethren know that it is not too early to think about paying your 2019 dues ($98.50) and dues notifications will be going out by the end of the month. I’m going to try something new this year. I would like to incorporate the Grand Lodge Sales Force tools of sending email notifications for dues payment. This will give you a link to your account where you can pay your dues on-line. The funds are then transferred right into our bank account and our cash book is automatically updated. I will have printed dues envelopes prepared and ready to mail to those Brethren who receive paper Lodge Notices, but if you have email I’d like to try it this way to see the initial response. It will save a tremendous amount of work on the part of this writer (yes, I’m being terribly selfish, but efficient and also saving a tree or 2 in the process)! If you absolutely do not want to do online dues payment then simply send me a check when you receive the email notification.. once received I will send your dues card by regular mail.

IF YOU HAVE NOT SET UP AN ONLINE ACCOUNT WITH THE GRAND LODGE OF PA AND YOU WISH TO DO SO, PLEASE CONTACT ME. ITS VERY SIMPLE TO DO AND NEARLY 200 OF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE IT!!
      Thank you Brethren and have a great week!

Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights