Sunday With The Secretary 2018 #20

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2018 #20

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I’m Back!!! It’s been a long, but a fast summer… and now time to get back to work.

September is shaping up to be a busy month. Our Stated Meeting is on September 12th and it is Jr. Warden’s Night. I believe our Jr. Warden is going to begin to introduce a theme we will see quite a bit in 2019.. the history of Freemasonry in Pennsylvania and especially Philadelphia. We have such a rich history in our own very city and we can’t wait to begin to share with you.

September 15th (Saturday) is our first Extra Meeting at Ft. Mifflin. Details will be in your Lodge notice. This has become a wonderful tradition within our Lodge that we hope to continue for years to come. The Meeting will start by 8am and we will be conferring 3 EA Degrees and bringing 3 new Brethren into our Lodge.

The second Extra Meeting is being scheduled for September 24th at the Masonic Temple. We should be conferring 2 MM Degrees that evening, so as always, your support is needed.

Can we talk about the Holidays already?? Our annual Holiday Party at the Candlelight Theater is scheduled for Sunday, December 9th with doors opening at 1pm for buffet brunch followed by a performance of the show “She Loves Me” at 3pm. I hope you will support this fun family event.

Don’t forget we are raffling off a 50″ 4K LED TV. Tickets are $5/ or $20 for 6 and can be purchased from any Officer in the Lodge. We will pull the raffle on November 14th.

We will be offering Lodge shirts again this year. Sized S-XL is $26 and there is an additional $1 for each additional X. Colors are blue or white and they are embroidered with the Lodge name and your first name as well. Please let me know if you would like to order we will take care of getting that done. If you ordered shirts last year and have not received them, please advise so I can get them to you.

We received word this week that Br. Samual Freeman, P.M. of Brotherhood Lodge No. 126 will be taking over as our new District Deputy effective December 27, 2018. We wish Br. Freeman all the best in this new role. Our current DDGM, Dan Scheetz. will be introducing our new Deputy to the District over the next few months.

Brethren- I’d like to conclude this note by saying our Lodge had it’s annual Planning Meeting this past week and I can honestly say I believe our Lodge is in good hands for many years to come. Several young and energetic Brethren stepped up into key roles for 2019 and beyond and have made the commitment to lead St. Alban well into the next decade. I honestly believe we have a strong future ahead of us…

Look forward to seeing you all again very soon..

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights