Sunday With The Secretary #19

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary #19

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

Time to get back to the regular Sunday schedule..

Let me begin by finalizing our September schedule.. be advised the Lodge Notice should be out by tonight or tomorrow and I apologize for the delay, but the scheduling has been precarious given our current situation at the Masonic Temple related to COVID and imposed restrictions. Our Stated Meeting in September will be a week from this Wednesday, September 8th at the Masonic Temple on Broad St. in NORMAN HALL. Our meeting spot was changed due to a conflict with an outside event that evening. We will have dinner at the Temple as Edgemont Caterers is back and serving meals. The menu will be listed in the Lodge Notice. Dinner starts at 6p with the Meeting at 7:30p. I must remind all attending that you must show proof of full vaccination to gain entrance into the Temple pursuant to City of Philadelphia regulation and the Edict of our R.W.G.M., Thomas Gamon, IV. We will have a ballot and several new petitions to read. Look forward to seeing everyone again after our Summer recess! In accordance with our D.D.G.M. ‘s memorandum, we may open all Stated Meetings for the foreseeable future on the Entered Apprentice Degree so all on their Masonic journey may attend. THE WORSHIPFUL MASTER HAS STATED THAT MEMBERS COMING TO THE MEETING ON SEPTEMBER 8TH WILL NOT BE CHARGED FOR DINNER OR PARKING!

Saturday, September 11th will be our Extra Meeting at Prospect Lodge (No vaccination card requirement, but masks are a must). We will have breakfast at 9, meeting starts at 10 and we will be conferring 2 Fellowcraft Degrees so we should be done by Noon and can grab lunch

Tuesday, September 14th is a District Visitation to Palestine-Roxborough Lodge at the Masonic Village at Lafayette Hill. The D.D.G.M. will be providing us details on this event which I will relay. Several members have indicated their interest. This meeting is also open to Entered Apprentice Masons and would be a good opportunity to fulfill a requirement for the Master Builders Award for those of you relatively new to the Fraternity.

Data migration is going well into the new Grandview Membership system which is replacing the old Salesforce system. I am hopeful that I will be able to start sending mass emails from Grandview as early as next week and online dues payment should be available by early September. I know some have inquired about paying 2022 dues already so just be patient. Our J.W., Br. Kyle will be putting together an easy tutorial so each of you will be able to set up your personal Lodge profiles from which you can edit demographic information and also pay dues as well as view a Lodge calendar of events.

Couple of quick updates.. I heard from Br. Ken Brier that Br. Gerald Francis and his wife are settling into their new home at the Masonic Village at Lafayette Hill so maybe we can visit when we come for the Extra Meeting. Not sure of their visiting protocols, but will find out. I also wanted to let you know that Br. Russ, W.M. came through his eye procedure well and is recuperating at home and will be at our Stated Meeting. I have not gotten any recent updates on Br. Dante, but when I do, I will forward to the membership. No news may be good news at this point!

That’s all for now. Take care and have a great week ahead!

Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights