Sunday (Thursday) With The Secretary 2022 #1

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday (Thursday) With The Secretary 2022 #1

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren-

Sorry for this coming so late, but as many of you are aware, on January 1st, I tested + on a rapid Covid Test. Given my vaccination status, I have only experienced what many would describe as mild cold symptoms, but I am quarantining at home. Good news is that my first laboratory PCR test came back negative. I took another yesterday and if we get the same result, I will be released from isolation and return to work as early as tomorrow. Doc is fine.. no symptoms! Let me take this opportunity to thank the Brethren for the outpouring of concern, offers to purchase groceries or make food items etc, etc.. There is no doubt that when one Brother has an issue of any kind, the others rush to his aide. Such is the nature of this wonderful Fraternity and I’m so blessed to be a part of it.

We will be having an Instruction Meeting this coming Monday, 1/10 at 7pm. Our Stated Meeting is set for Wednesday with dinner at Maggiano’s at 6 followed by our meeting at 7:30p. We are tentatively expecting a visit from our DDGM to review what’s going on in Grand Lodge and what we can expect from our new RWGM, Jeffrey Wunderling. We are hoping the appointed officers can be present at Instruction so we can look sharp for Br. Sam on Wednesday.

We have 2 Extra Meetings this month, January 15th & 29th, both Saturdays and both at the Masonic Lodge in Chestnut Hill (8425 Germantown Ave., Phila, PA). Both days will start with continental b’fast at 9am and the meetings will start at 10. On Saturday, 1/15, we will be conferring the Fellowcraft Degree on Brs. Herbert Wyche & Evan Martin (our new Tyler). On 1/29 we will be conferring the EA Degree on 4 new candidates, Lorenzo Mazzamuto, Herman Wilson, Sr., Brian Everett and Joseph Sparco. Niko Serevetas will receive his 2nd Degree at our Stated Meeting in February. Busy, Busy, Busy!! Let’s all try to come out and support our new Brethren on their Masonic Journey. Lunch will be served after each meeting at Iron Hill Brewery across the street from the Lodge Hall in Chestnut Hill.

The Masonic Breakfast at LuLu Temple to honor our new RWGM will be on Saturday, 1/22 at 10am at LuLu Temple in Plymouth Meeting. The Lodge has purchased a table and the following Brethren have already signed up (Clancy, Carlson, Schwirian, Crockett, Lane, Cain & Wilson, Jr.) We have 3 slots left so please let me know if you would like to go. No cost for this event.

I am very proud of our members who have taken the step to sign up for Grandview. We have just about 100 members registered which is awesome! Dues cards have already gone out to many. I have about 40 ready to go out this weekend. Keep in mind if you register, you can also download an app which gives you access to a virtual dues card as well. I’m attaching the tutorial that Br. Kyle prepared for those who still wish to register. This system IS NOT JUST FOR PAYING DUES. You can also keep your demographic info up to date, have access to your Masonic history, etc. Soon we’ll be updating Lodge events as well as downloading monthly minutes of meetings in case you miss so you can keep up to date.

I am attaching the Scholarship application as well for those interested in applying.

That’s all for this week.. Please keep yourselves healthy and safe and we will see you all soon. If any of you is in a position where you need something, please do not hesitate to reach out and we will assist you as best we can.

Frats, Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights